CAP 2-7-2 Grfx-1
2nd. CAG, 1969
- A CAP 2-1-2 ambush initiated organic weapons fire on (4)
NVA moving S at AT926715, 8.5 km SW of the Da Nang Air strip.
The enemy returned SAF and fled N. (1) PF was KIA in the contact.
A sweep of the area disclosed (2) NVA KIA, (1) AK-47 and (1)
- Villagers informed District Officials that 2 VC KIA were
located at AT914708 10 km SW of the Da Nang Airstrip. CAP 2-1-2
was then contacted and dispatched a patrol to the area to confirm
the KIA. The CAP located the 2 KIA who were identified by CAP
PFs as members of the Hoa Phu village guerrilla force. According
to information from local villagers, these VC KIA apparently
resulted from a CAP 2-1-2 contact on the night of 5 November.
- At AT954690, 7 km SW of the Da Nang Airstrip, CAP 2-1-4 patrol
initiated SAF on 2 VC on a trail killing both of the enemy. A
search of their bodies disclosed (2) 9mm pistols, (8) M-26 grenades,
and various documents which identified the enemy as the VC Security
Chief of Hoa Hung and the VC Village Chief of Hoa Hung. The ordnance
and documents were turned over to district Headquarters.
- CAP 2-1-4 PFs informed CAP USMC that a possible VC meeting
might take place in the vicinity of AT955696, 7 km SW of the
Da Nang Airstrip. The CAP patrol proceeded to the area to set
in an ambush. Upon arrival in the area, the CAP spotted and initiated
SAF on (3) VC trying to flee, (1) VC was KIA, the other two were
wounded and captured. A search of the area disclosed (3) AK-47s,
(1) M-79 grenade launcher, and (6) M-26 grenades. Reportedly
village guerrillas from Hoa Hung Village, the (2) POWs were turned
over to District Headquarters for interrogation.
- A Hoi Chanh turned himself in to CAP 2-2-4 at AT864574, 6
km W of Dai Loc. He was delivered to District Headquarter for
- CAP 2-3-2 patrol discovered a 50 lb box mine set in series
with 6 smaller box mines and rigged for command detonation at
BT047612, 3.5 km N of Dian Ban. A wire connected to the 50 lb
mine was traced to a nearby house. The CAP detained 15 VN found
in and around the house. All the detainees were without ID cards
and were turned over to District Headquarters for interrogation.
The mines were destroyed.
- While in a CAP 2-4-3 ambush site, a USMC tripped a booby
trap (NFI) wounding himself and another USMC at BT171589 2.5
km NE of Hoi An. the wounded personnel were medevaced and the
CAP relocated its ambush site.
- CAP 2-7-5 patrol base heard movement and moments later received
grenades, M-79 and SA fire from an estimated 15 VC at BT053696,
5.5 km SE of the Da Nang Airstrip. The CAP returned organic weapons
fire causing the enemy to break contact and flee W. A daylight
sweep of the area revealed 2 blood trails, 10 chicom grenades
and 1 M-26 grenade.
- Twenty armed VC entered a hamlet at BT071703, 7 km SE of
the Da Nang Airstrip. The enemy force kidnapped a 31 year old
VN male for unknown reasons and departed to the SE. A CAP 2-7-6
was informed of the incident. PsyOps was contacted.